Effective: May 25, 2021
Last Updated: May 25, 2021
What Are The Services?
The Services are intended to provide a convenient Web Site for (1) patients to use to track their treatments and symptoms in real time and communicate that information to their healthcare provider(s), and (2) providers to use to proactively track and analyze their patients’ health condition(s) through pertinent health data (such as vital signs and medication adherence), treatment and medication adherence, and outcomes. It is not intended for use by healthcare providers or patients for continuous patient monitoring in such a way that would allow immediate clinical action in an emergency situation.
We do NOT guide medical decision-making
THE PORTAL CANNOT AND IS NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED, OR APPROPRIATE TO REPLACE OR SUBSTANTIVELY IMPACT YOUR CLINICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER USERS OR TO ADDRESS SERIOUS, EMERGENT, OR LIFE-THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES.
By accepting these Terms, You agree and acknowledge that We do not provide clinical, laboratory, or supplement manufacturing services. Our role is limited to supporting and facilitating Your access to these products and services via Our Web Site. Each third-party affiliate is responsible for the products and services provided. YOU HEREBY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TEXAS TELEHEALTH IS IN NO WAY PROVIDING DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT TO YOU. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE INFORMATION, PROCESSES, PRODUCTS AND OTHER ITEMS REFERENCED IN TEXAS TELEHEALTH WEB SITE ARE NOT INTENDED AS A RECOMMENDATION OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY COURSE OF ACTION, INFORMATION, OR PRODUCT. WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM THE CREATION OF A PROVIDER-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.
For Patient Users:
A PROVIDER’S USE OF OUR SERVICES TO DELIVER CARE TO YOU IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION OF SUCH PROVIDER BY TEXAS TELEHEALTH. WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OR IN CONTROL OF THE MEDICAL ADVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY PROVIDERS, EVEN IF SUCH ADVICE IS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES.
While We do confirm the credentials of the Providers, We cannot guarantee that any such persons are providing clinical services in accordance with laws applicable to the practice of medicine.
We do not confirm the credentials of any Provider using the Web Site. We do not validate that any such persons are in good standing with their respective licensure board(s) or that they are using the Web Site in accordance with laws applicable to their scope of practice. It is Your responsibility to separately confirm that a Provider is in good standing with his or her respective licensing board(s) and to exercise whatever other due diligence You feel appropriate in selecting and maintaining Your choice of healthcare professionals.
THE SERVICES CANNOT AND ARE NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED OR APPROPRIATE TO REPLACE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU HAVE WITH YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL OR TO ADDRESS SERIOUS, EMERGENT, OR LIFE-THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES. If You have or suspect that You have an urgent medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified healthcare professional or dial 911 immediately. Never disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical advice from a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional because of something learned or instructed via the Services. THE CONTENT ON THE SITE IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS FOR DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT, INCLUDING INFORMATION REGARDING WHICH DRUGS, THERAPY, OR OTHER TREATMENT MAY BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU.
The Web Site is intended to be used in association with certain monitoring devices provided to You (the “Devices”), such as connected blood pressure cuff, glucometer, oximeter, and weight scale. The Devices are provided to You through Texas Telehealth, but We do not manufacture the Devices and We therefore do not offer and, and expressly disclaim all device or product warranties with respect to the Devices. The manufacturer of Your Device(s) may or may not offer a warranty, and We are happy to assist You in accessing any applicable manufacturer warranties that may be available to You. Please contact us at [email protected] for this assistance.
Please also note, the Device(s) provided to you through Texas Telehealth are meant to be used exclusively with the Web Site and shall not be connected to or used with any other app or software. You are not permitted to use or allow any third party to use the Devices other than in association with the Web Site. In addition, You are not permitted to use any device other than the Device(s) with the Web Site.
For Provider Users:
Texas Telehealth is acting solely as a technology Web Site that enables You to provide healthcare services and connect with Your patients. We do not supervise or direct You in Your provision of such healthcare services to your patients. We do not make any representations or warranties the medical services You are providing are suitable, reliable, timely or accurate for the patient, all of which are Your responsibility.
We do NOT provide insurance billing services or guarantees
While we provide a convenient Web Site for You to track information that may allow You to provide certain healthcare services that may or may not be reimbursable by federal or state health insurance payors, we are not billing experts, and any information provided to You with respect to billing is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon or construed to guarantee reimbursement of any services.
THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS. IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY WITH ONE OF YOUR PATIENTS, YOU SHOULD CALL 911 OR DIRECT YOUR PATIENT TO CALL 911. IF THE SITUATION IS NOT AN EMERGENCY BUT YOU NEED A PROMPT RESPONSE FROM TEXAS TELEHEALTH, EITHER CALL US DIRECTLY AT 214-658-6850 OR EMAIL US AT [email protected]
Who Is Eligible To Use The Services?
You must register to create an account (“User Account”) and become a “Registered User” to use the Services. To register, You must create a username and provide Your name, Your email address, and other information specified in the registration form (“Registration Data”). You may change or correct information in Your account by contacting Texas Telehealth at [email protected] You agree not to register for a User Account on behalf of an individual other than Yourself unless You are legally authorized to bind such person to these Terms. By registering another person, You hereby represent that You are legally authorized to do so.
By registering for an account and using the Services, You represent and warrant:
- That You are at least 18 years old and are otherwise legally qualified to enter into and form contracts under applicable law;
- Your Registration Data is true, accurate, current, and complete;
- You will update Your Registration Data as needed to maintain its accuracy;
- You are authorized to create a User Account (either for Yourself or another person);
- You are legally authorized to view information accessible through the Services;
- For Provider Users: You are licensed to provide virtual healthcare services through the Services; and
- For Patient Users: You are physically located in the State you choose/have chosen as your current location. You acknowledge that your ability to access and use the Services is conditioned upon the truthfulness of this certification and that the Providers you access are relying upon this certification in order to interact with you. In the event that your certification is inaccurate, you agree to indemnify Us and the Providers you interact with from any resulting damages, costs or claims as set forth in the Indemnification Section below.
NOTE: THIS AGREEMENT IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES MAY INVOLVE OR REQUIRE THE TRANSMISSION OF SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF DATA. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL DATA CHARGES THAT MAY BE CHARGED BY YOUR WIRELESS CARRIER OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER OR THAT MAY OTHERWISE ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
How Will We Tell You If We Change These Terms?
With the exception of the Arbitration Agreement (see “Dispute Resolution” section) included at the end of these Terms, Texas Telehealth reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time without prior notice to You. If We materially change or modify these Terms, We will let You know by
(1) posting a new version of the Terms to the Web Site and/or (2) sending you a notification to the email address you provided Us in the Registration Data.
If You continue to use the Services after We have let You know that We have made changes, You agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If You do not accept the changes, You should immediately stop using the Services and delete all files associated with the Services on Your computer or mobile device.
Who Owns The Services?
Texas Telehealth owns the Services, including all content and functionality You access through the Web Site. Subject to Your compliance with these Terms, Texas Telehealth grants You a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Services by downloading and installing the Web Site via user’s computer.
You may not use Texas Telehealth’s name, trademarks, service marks, or logos, or those of third parties appearing on or affiliated with the Services in any advertising or publicity or to otherwise indicate Texas Telehealth’s or such third party’s sponsorship or affiliation with any product or service without express written permission from Texas Telehealth or such third party.
App Store & Google Play
If You downloaded the Web Site application (“Application”) from the Apple App Store or Google Play (the “App Provider”), by agreeing to this Agreement, You acknowledge that You understand and agree to the following:
- This Agreement is only between You and Texas Telehealth, and not between You and the App Provider, and only Texas Telehealth is responsible for the Application (not the App Provider);
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance or support services with respect to the Application;
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, (i) You may notify the App Provider and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the Application to You (if applicable); (ii) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application; and (iii) any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the App Provider’s responsibility;
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims You have or any claims of any third party relating to the Application or Your possession and use of the Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the app fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation;
- In the event of any third-party claim that the Application or Your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, the App Provider will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement or discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim; and
- The App Provider, and its subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement as it relates to Your license of the Application. This means that, upon Your acceptance of this Agreement, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement as related to Your license of the Applications against You.
For Apple users only: If You downloaded the Application from the App Store, the license granted to You in this Agreement is non-transferable and is for use of the Applications on any Apple products that You own or control.
What Are You Prohibited From Doing?
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms, In addition, We impose certain restrictions on Your use of the Services, which are highlighted below. While using the Services, You shall not:
- provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to Us or any other user;
- use the Services for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- impersonate or attempt to impersonate Us, one of Our employees, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- use or attempt to use any manual process, engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to harvest, monitor, or otherwise collect information from the Web Site for any use, including without limitation, use on third-party websites, without Our consent;
- use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to use the Services;
- access content or data not intended for You, or log onto a server or account that You are not authorized to access;
- violate any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Web Site or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the use or functionality of the Web Site by any other user, host or network, including, without limitation by means of submitting a virus, trojan horse, worm, logic bomb or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any uploading or posting to, or transmission, display, performance or distribution by means of, the Web Site;
- post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- exploit, harm or attempt to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Us, You, or any other third-party (including another user) to protect the Web Site;
- attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Us in providing the Services. Any violation of this section may subject You to civil and/or criminal liability;
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by Us, may harm Us or users of the Services or expose them to liability, or otherwise interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Web Site; or
- encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the above.
We are not obligated to monitor Your use of the Services, but We may do so to ensure Your compliance with these Terms, and to respond to law enforcement or other government agencies if and when We are required to. Texas Telehealth reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your use of the Services without notice to You if You partake in any of the prohibited uses described above.
How Should You Protect Your Login Information?
The Web Site is designed to require users to create a username and password to access and use the Services. Your username and password are, collectively, Your “User Credentials.” You are solely responsible for (A) maintaining the strict confidentiality of Your User Credentials, (B) not allowing another person to use Your User Credentials to access the Services, (C) any and all damages or losses that may be incurred or suffered as a result of any activities that occur under Your User Credentials, regardless of whether You were aware of those activities. You agree to immediately notify Us in writing by email of any unauthorized use of Your User Credentials or any other compromise of the security of Your User Account.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS THAT YOU INCUR AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR PASSWORD, EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE. WE ARE NOT AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY HARM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE THEFT OF YOUR USER CREDENTIALS AND/OR ANY RESULTING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR USER CREDENTIALS, OR THE USE OF YOUR USER CREDENTIALS BY ANOTHER PERSON OR ENTITY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU WERE AWARE OF SUCH USE.
You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Texas Telehealth and/or its affiliates, officers, directors, and representatives (“Company Representatives”) due to someone else’s use of Your account or password, regardless of whether You were aware of such use.
How Do We Protect Your Privacy?
You expressly acknowledge and agree that We are neither responsible for nor liable to You or any third party for the treatment of Your Personal Data by any such individual or entity, including any collection, use, disclosure, storage, loss, theft, or misuse of Your Personal Data, whether or not such treatment violates applicable law or the third party’s privacy practices.
For Patient Users:
Computer Equipment and Internet Access
You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all software, hardware, or other equipment (collectively, “Systems”) necessary for You to access and use the Services. This includes, without limitation, obtaining internet services, using up to date web-browsers and the best commercially available encryption, antivirus, anti-spyware, and internet security software. You are responsible for the data security of the Systems used to access the Services and for the transmission and receipt of information using such Systems. We are not responsible for any errors or problems that arise from the malfunction or failure of the Internet or Your Systems.
THERE ARE ALWAYS CERTAIN SECURITY AND ACCESS AVAILABILITY RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING OPEN NETWORKS SUCH AS THE INTERNET, AND YOU EXPRESSLY ASSUME SUCH RISKS.
How Can You Opt-Out Of Receiving Emails From Us?
In providing the Services, You may receive periodic email communications that are essential to the proper functioning and delivery of the Services (e.g. information regarding Your User Account), which are part of the Services, and which You cannot opt out of receiving.
When such messages are sent to You via the Web Site, You will receive an email alert indicating that a message has been received.
YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY GOODS, SERVICES, BUSINESS PRACTICES, INFORMATION, RESOURCES, APPLICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT (“THIRD PARTY MATTERS”) AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES OR THIRD-PARTY DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS, OR FOR ANY HARM RELATED THERETO, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE THIRD PARTY MATTERS. Any reference in the Services to any product, service, publication, institution, organization of any third-party entity, or individual does not constitute or imply Our endorsement or recommendation.
Certain features, aspects, products and services offered through the Services are provided, in whole or in part, by third parties (“Third-Party Services” as provided by “Third-Party Service Providers”).
If use of Third-Party Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, You will receive a notification and have the opportunity to accept such terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THOSE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE RELATED THIRD-PARTY SERVICES.
Your Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that Your use of the Services will be in accordance with these Terms and all applicable laws, regulations, rules, and any Texas Telehealth policies and procedures We provide to You in writing. Specifically, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO SHARE PERSONAL DATA (BELONGING TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS ON WHOSE BEHALF YOU ARE SUBMITTING SUCH PERSONAL DATA) WITH US.
Warranty Disclaimers & Limitation of Liability
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TEXAS TELEHEALTH EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. TEXAS TELEHEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. TEXAS TELEHEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, APPLICATIONS, OR MATERIALS ACCESSED OR PURCHASED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE SERVICES. FOR PATIENT USERS: NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM TEXAS TELEHEALTH OR THROUGH THE APPLICATION OR MATERIALS, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITHIN THE WEB SITE AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION IF YOU ARE A PATIENT USER, PROVIDERS, CAREGIVERS, AND OTHER AUTHORIZED THIRD PARTIES, OR IF YOU ARE A PROVIDER USER, PATIENTS AND OTHER AUTHORIZED THIRD PARTIES.
IF YOU ARE A PATIENT USER, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TEXAS TELEHEALTH DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCREENING OR INQUIRY INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ANY USERS OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROVIDERS, NOR DOES TEXAS TELEHEALTH VERIFY OR TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE STATEMENTS OF ANY SUCH USERS OF THE SERVICES. TEXAS TELEHEALTH MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROVIDERS.
WE CANNOT ALWAYS FORESEE OR ANTICIPATE TECHNICAL OR OTHER DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY RESULT IN FAILURE TO OBTAIN DATA OR LOSS OF DATA, PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS, OR OTHER SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. WE THEREFORE WILL NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, DELETION, NON-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY USER DATA, COMMUNICATIONS, OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP ANY INFORMATION YOU ENTER INTO THE WEB SITE.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU WILL NOT HOLD TEXAS TELEHEALTH OR ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, AS APPLICABLE, RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY OF YOUR COMPUTERS, MOBILE DEVICES, OR DATA.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER TEXAS TELEHEALTH NOR ANY OTHER COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, MAINTAINING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR APPLICATIONS, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS, OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND MEDICAL MALPRACTICE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT TEXAS TELEHEALTH HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED IN MEETING ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS, YOUR ONLY REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU USE THE SERVICES DURING OR IN RELATION TO AN EMERGENT, SERIOUS, OR LIFE-THREATENING CONDITION, SUCH USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TEXAS TELEHEALTH IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PERSON FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION OR GUIDANCE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. IF YOU ARE A PROVIDER USER, TEXAS TELEHEALTH IS NOT LIABLE TO ANY USER OR PERSON FOR ANY HARM CAUSED BY YOUR NEGLIGENCE OR MISCONDUCT, WHETHER OR NOT RELYING UPON INFORMATION COLLECTED, GENERATED, OR STORED VIA THE SERVICES
BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, TEXAS TELEHEALTH’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED $ 100. ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM THE USAGE OF THE SERVICES MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT FROM WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS TEXAS TELEHEALTH AND COMPANY REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, CLAIM, SUIT, DAMAGE, AND EXPENSE (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND EXPENSES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, YOUR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR ANY NEGLIGENT OR WRONGFUL CONDUCT BY YOU OR RELATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING THE SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU WERE AWARE OF SUCH USE. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
Feedback and Who Owns It
We welcome and encourage You to provide feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by e-mailing Us at [email protected]. You acknowledge and agree that if You submit any Feedback to Us, You hereby grant to Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that You own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
Termination of Your Account
If You breach any of these Terms, We may suspend or disable Your account or terminate Your access to the Services without prior notice to You. There may be other instances where We may need to terminate Your access to the Services that are not related to any of Your actions or inactions. We reserve the right to terminate Your access to and use of the Services at any time, with or without cause.
If You wish to terminate Your account, please contact Texas Telehealth at [email protected], immediately discontinue Your use of the Services, and delete all files associated with the Services from Your computer or mobile device.
*PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS*
Most user concerns can be resolved quickly and to Your satisfaction by emailing support at [email protected]. In the unlikely event that our support team is unable to resolve a complaint You may have (or if We have not been able to resolve a dispute with You after attempting to do so informally), including but not limited to any alleged breach of these Terms, You and agree to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration in the before a single arbitrator, in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association and the laws of without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. Arbitration, which is often less expensive, faster, and less formal than a lawsuit in court, uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award, and may, but do not have to, award legal fees, arbitrator’s fees and costs and other costs incurred by the party that does not win the dispute. Most user concerns can be resolved quickly and to Your satisfaction by emailing support at [email protected] In the unlikely event that Our support team is unable to resolve a complaint You may have (or if We have not been able to resolve a dispute with You after attempting to do so informally), including but not limited to any alleged breach of these Terms, You and agree to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration in Dallas, Texas before a single arbitrator, in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association and the laws of the State of Texas without reference to its conflict of laws provisions . Arbitration, which is often less expensive, faster, and less formal than a lawsuit in court, uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award, and may, but do not have to, award legal fees, arbitrator’s fees and costs and other costs incurred by the party that does not win the dispute.
Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. Any arbitration will be strictly confidential and neither party will disclose to any person (other than necessary to carry out the arbitration) the existence of the dispute or any aspect of the dispute.
This agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or Texas Telehealth from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration, including without limitation orders to stay a court action, compel arbitration or confirm an arbitral award, from a court of competent jurisdiction. Furthermore, this agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or Texas Telehealth from applying to a court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief, as necessary. THE PROPER VENUE FOR ANY ACTION PERMITTED UNDER THIS SUBSECTION REGARDING “EQUITABLE RELIEF” WILL BE THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DALLAS, TEXAS; THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THE VENUE AND PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.
Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate: Texas Telehealth may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Web Site or infringement of intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
Notwithstanding the above, You can decline or “opt out” of the alternative dispute resolution process described above by contacting [email protected] within 30 days of first accepting these Terms and stating that You (first and last name) decline this dispute resolution process.
If You opt-out of the dispute resolution process described in this section, or if any matter is otherwise determined not to be subject to such dispute resolution process, You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any state or federal court sitting in the State of Texas in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms. You agree that any and all claims and matters arising out of these Terms, unless subject to the dispute resolution process described above, may be heard and determined in any such court, and You hereby waive any right to object to such filing on grounds of improper venue, forum non-conveniens, or other venue-related grounds, unless such objection asserts that the claim or matter in dispute is subject to determination through the dispute resolution process described above.
General Contract Terms
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without reference to its conflict of laws provisions.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Texas Telehealth’s prior written consent. Any attempt by You to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. Texas Telehealth may assign or transfer these Terms, at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be in writing and given: (i) by Texas Telehealth via email (in each case to the address that You provide); and/or (ii) by posting to the Web Site. For notices made by email, the notice will be effective as of the date the notice is first transmitted. You agree that any notice received from Texas Telehealth electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such notice be in writing. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE WITH TEXAS TELEHEALTH IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT, AND NOTICE TO YOU SHALL BE DEEMED EFFECTIVE UPON THE SENDING BY [email protected] OF AN EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS WE HAVE ON FILE.
You shall give any notice to Texas Telehealth by email to: [email protected] Notice to Texas Telehealth shall be effective upon receipt of notice by Texas Telehealth.
NO INADVERTENT WAIVER
The failure of Texas Telehealth to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Texas Telehealth. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If, for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
If any provision of these Terms is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms remain in full force, provided that the essential terms and conditions remain valid, binding and enforceable and the economic and legal substance of the transactions contemplated by these Terms are materially preserved.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all intellectual property rights or similar proprietary rights, including (a) patent rights and utility models, (b) copyrights and database rights, (c) trademarks, trade names, domain names and trade dress and the goodwill associated therewith, (d) trade secrets, (e) mask works, and (f) industrial design rights; in each case, including any registrations of, applications to register, and renewals and extensions of, any of the foregoing in any jurisdiction in the world.
As between You and Us, all right, title and interest, including all Intellectual Property Rights, in the Services, any related materials, logos, products, and documentation, and any other property or materials furnished or made available hereunder, and all modifications and enhancements thereof, belong to and are retained solely by Texas Telehealth or its licensors, vendors and affiliates, as applicable. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Us. Any use of the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
The Web Site may provide certain social media features that enable You to:
- Link from Your own or certain third-party sites or applications to certain content on the Web Site.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Web Site.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Web Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on Your own or certain third-party sites or applications.
You may use these social media features solely as they are provided by Us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions We provide with respect to such features. You must not:
- Establish a link from any site or application that is not owned by You.
- Cause the Web Site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site or application.
- Link to any part of the Web Site other than the homepage.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on the Web Site that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms.
The site or application from which You are linking, or on which You make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with these Terms.
You agree to cooperate with Us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in Our discretion.
Contacting Texas Telehealth
3232 McKinney Ave., Ste 500, Dallas, TX 75204
DATA SECURITY OFFICER: