In-person visits to the doctor are increasingly avoided by most people because it can take up so much time and energy to check-in. Patients who have chronic conditions would also need to undergo check-ups more regularly, which could be stressful at times. Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is the solution for more accessible and convenient healthcare.
What Is Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM)
So what is remote patient monitoring? It is a form of healthcare delivery wherein healthcare devices and technology are utilized to gather patient physiologic data, such as heart rate, blood glucose levels, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, and more. RPM- Remote Patient Monitoring Telehealth allows doctors and specialists to monitor patients outside traditional settings so they can provide focused, accurate treatment constantly.
Remote Patient Monitoring Telehealth facilitates patient monitoring and the timely transfer of patient generated data from the patient to the clinical care team, with a response back to the patient. When doctors can see what’s going on with your body, they have a much clearer picture of your health condition and can help improve the quality of your care on a daily basis. Some benefits of RPM’s other than Virtual Healthcare Monitoring and Digital Healthcare Reporting includes:
- Easy, complete access to patient data
- Daily assurance from healthcare providers
- Instantaneous support, education, and feedback for treatment
- Real-time communication between patient and physician
- Increased patient engagement and accountability towards their own health
- Minimizes wait-time for in-person appointments
- In home on-going 24/7 care